Table of Contents:
- The features available to computers that support RAID
- Features for computers with AHCI capabilities
- Main Program Functions
Intel Rapid Storage Technology is an application for Windows that offers increased performance and security for PCs that have SATA disks for mobile, desktop, and server systems. If you are using one or more SATA disk drives, you will enjoy improved performance and less energy consumption. If you are using more than one drive, you’ll be better protected against loss of data during the case of a failure of the disk.
Computers With Raid Support
- Intel Rapid Recover Technology – This technology offers complete data redundancy by copying data from a specified primary drive (primary disk) to a specified target drive (that is, the Recovery disk). Recovery volumes’ data updates can be ongoing or on demand.
- Intel Rapid RAID – This technology lets you build RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10 volumes for mobile and desktop platforms. Data is shared over multiple disks to create redundancy in data or increase the speed of data storage.
- Intel Matrix RAID Technology – This technology permits two separate RAID volumes to be made within a single array. The first volume is a part of the array leaving room for the second. The array can comprise between two and six SATA disks, depending on the type of volume.
- Native command queuing – a feature that lets SATA disks receive multiple commands at the same time. When combined with any disk that allows NCQ storage performance, it can be enhanced on random workloads by permitting the disk to be internalized to optimize the command sequence.
- Disk capacity greater than 2 Terabytes (if the size is supported with an option ROM) This feature assists disks and solid-state drives with capacities over 2 TB, which are classified to be pass-through devices (available) or are used in the RAID configuration. Furthermore, the ability to boot from a computer disk larger than 2TB is permitted if your version of the option ROM installed on your system is compatible with this feature.
- Password-protected disks offer high-level security and protection for your data disks using a password, blocking access to any unauthorized user.
The Following Are The Features Available To Computers That Ahci Can Enable:
Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) is an interface specification that automatically permits the driver for storage to activate sophisticated SATA features, including Native Command Queuing and Native Hot Plug on the SATA disks that are connected to the computer. The following features are available by computers with AHCI support:
- Native command queuing
- Disk capacity of more than two Terabytes (if the ROM option permits the size)
- Disks with password protection
The Main Function Of The Program
- Status This is the primary screen that lets you know the current status of your devices for storage.
- Manage – This section provides detailed information on each element of the computer’s storage, like disks and volumes. The view of the storage computer shows how each element is connected to the other. Each element has its Manage section that is accessible through clicking any element in the view of the storage computer under ‘Status’ or ‘Manage.’
- Speed or Accelerate (depending on the model) It is possible to configure your internal drive as a nonvolatile, intelligent caching for a disk or a volume in your system. Transferring frequently used data to the cache will allow you to enhance the overall performance of your computer and speed up access to read/write data, and cut down on startup time without having to add more memory to your system.
- This feature also improves the efficiency of mobile computers by storing stored data and taking information from the cache rather than the SATA disk itself.
- Settings – Preferences permit you to select whether you would like the notification area icon to be displayed. Additionally, you can choose the type of notifications you would like to receive, for instance, warnings about errors or errors in your storage system and be notified of any issues reported while the application is shut down.