How Can One Check Passport Status

If you’re looking to check the passport status of a loved one, you can do so through the Passport Service website. Enter the full name, date of birth, and passport number of the person you’re looking to check, and you’ll be given a list of all their recent passport applications and updates. You can also check their current passport status and location and find out if the passport has been cancelled or invalidated.

How can I check my passport status online?

You can check your passport status online using some different services. Some of the most popular include,, and

To use these websites, you must enter your name, date of birth, and citizenship (or visa-waiver status) information to get started. Once you have entered this information, you can view your current passport status and make any necessary changes or updates. 

If you are unable to access these websites or if you would like more detailed information about your specific passport’s status, please contact either the issuing agency or one of the three major global verification providers – Visa Europe Service Centre (VEC), MasterCard Worldwide Security Services (MCWS), or American Express Worldwide Security Services (AEWS). These providers are responsible for verifying all passports against terrorist watch lists and other security threats before issuing them.

How long does it usually take for my passport to be updated online?

Passport validity is currently six years from the date of issue, but it can be updated online as soon as your passport has been issued. The process usually takes around two weeks, but delays may be due to high demand or administrative issues. If you’re having trouble updating your passport online, contact the Passport Agency directly for more information.

Is there a fee associated with updating my passport online?

Yes, there is a fee associated with updating your passport online. The current cost of processing an application for a new passport is $60 ($85 for expedited service). The application process is free if you already have a valid U.S. visa or green card.

What should I do if I receive a pink message indicating that my passport is expired or needs to be renewed?

If you received a pink message indicating that your passport is expired or needs to be renewed, there are a few things that you can do.

– You can visit the nearest embassy or consulate to have your passport updated. 

– You can renew your passport online through the government website. 

– Or, if you’re located in a country that offers electronic passports (e.g., Australia), you can use an ePassport reader to renew your passport electronically.

Where can I pick up a new passport if my old one has been lost or stolen?

If you’ve lost or stolen your passport, there are a few places where you can go to get a new one.

– Department of State – This government agency issues U.S. passports. You can find their website here: 

– U.S. Embassy or Consulate General – If you’re abroad and your original passport was issued from within the U.S., you should visit an embassy or consulate general nearest you reside for assistance in obtaining a replacement passport. 

– Passport Express – This company offers expedited service for replacement passports through its network of over 1,500 authorised agencies worldwide (including some embassies and consulates). They offer online services and walk-in locations across the United States (and several other countries).

Can I use my expired passport to travel outside the United States?

Yes, you can use an expired passport to travel outside the United States. Passports will generally have a valid period of six months after they expire, so long as all pages are present and there is no evidence of fraud or abuse on the document. Please get in touch with your local embassy or consulate for further instructions if your passport has been damaged.

What procedures must I follow to change my name or gender on my passport?

To change your name or gender on your passport, you will first need to obtain a copy of your birth certificate. You can either request a duplicate copy from the relevant government office or order it online. Next, you’ll need to fill out an application for a change of name or gender with the appropriate government agency. If applicable, this form should be submitted along with copies of all supporting documents, such as your birth certificate and any divorce decrees. Once everything is in order, the agency will process your application and send you a new passport with the updated information registered.

Leave a Comment